Here we go.

01 September 2014

Billy Bragg at the legendary White Water Tavern

Thursday before last I got a message from KMHD that said something like "Billy Bragg is playing a free show at WWT tonight."

A free, impromptu show with Billy Bragg?! I knew word would get out pretty quickly, this being (N) Little Rock + all, and I really wanted to witness, so I came up with a plan to rush home after work, eat a spoonful of peanut butter for supper, dress down + go to WWT to claim a spot.

It was every bit of lovely even though it was a very hot night + the A/C was broken. The people were jam-packed into that small steamy venue. People I haven't seen in years came out of the woodwork. Everyone was all smiles + hugs. Billy Bragg was fantastic + inspiring. Here's a man that speaks my language, which is a comfort.  I found it especially adorable when the crowd sang along with him in an English accent. Good show.

 photo A7EEC983-154B-48CC-A627-1F0181D55F11_zpsfi2xkwob.jpg
Photo by Everett

 photo DB91789F-21A5-496A-BADA-B9802C05F4F3_zpsf6qgz2wp.jpg

1 comment:

Alannah said...

I heard about this that afternoon also and seriously thought about just leaving work and driving down. How often do you get a chance to see someone like Billy Bragg in an intimate setting?

So glad it lived up to your expectations.

Blog Archive